Application Deadline expired.
The German Institute of Development and Sustainability gGmbH (IDOS) in Bonn is one of the leading research institutes on development policy. Through excellent research, policy advice and training, the Institute contributes to finding solutions to global challenges.
IDOS, together with University of Bonn and Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences (H-BRS), has won the call for a project labelled INTERFACES accompanying the BMBF-programme “Sustainable land management in Sub-Saharan Africa: Improving livelihoods through local research” within its FONA-strategy. INTERFACES has four work areas that together strengthen the integration, coherence and reach of the regional projects with regard to sustainable land management: 1. Knowledge synthesis through dialogues about future visions and theories of change for sustainable land management - together with the regional projects and actors from science, policy and practice, 2. Support of innovation and implementation processes by identifying change strategies to bridge knowledge-behaviour gaps, 3. Communication, networking and knowledge management and 4. Edu-cation, e.g. through the integration of teaching content into African and German graduate programs.
IDOS invites applications for a
Research and Communications Advisor (f/m/diverse)
Position No. 2022-B-07
Part time 50% up to 19,5 hours/week,
German public sector tariff, EG13 TVöD Bund
The position is to be filled from 01.02.2023 for the duration of 4 years.
The communication and advisor component of the project will have the following tasks:
- Develop, together with national and international partners, and responsibly implement a strategy for science communication and knowledge management for the BMBF-funded regional projects and INTERFACES;
- Coordinate and manage project communication between the INTERFACES partners and with the regional projects;
- Support and cooperate with the INTERFACES-partner FARA in the development of knowledge management products and processes for the appropriate African science community;
- Prepare scientific content for media communication and knowledge diffusion and design, coordinate and implement target group specific communication measures and knowledge products in the field of publications, media work, webinars, podcasts, videos, social media, newsletters for the public relations of the project in close coordination and division of labor with the Communications team at IDOS as well as with corresponding INTERFACES partners;
- Carry out and document the awarding of contracts to external service providers for communication measures;
- Design, implement and maintain a project website (probably using Wordpress) in close coordination and division of labor with with an external service provider and the Communications team at IDOS and help shape the public tender and maintain the project website editorially;
- Design and implement mechanisms for organizing and linking knowledge in the area of knowledge management;
- Responsibly organize appearances such as side-events at international conferences in collaboration with regional projects and INTERFACES;
- Maintain contacts with relevant national and international journalists* and journalistic networks;
- Collaborate, also of a scientific nature, in the accompanying research of IDOS in INTERFACES.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Completed master's degree in the field of (science) communication, public relations, journalism, political science, economics or social sciences;
- Several years of professional experience in the field of project communication, preferably in the context of international intercultural projects;
- Excellent language skills in German and English as well as good to very good knowledge of French;
- Professional knowledge in the field of land management or natural resource management.
- Ability to independently screen publications of partner organizations on sustainable land management for its relevance and interest in public relations and to process them (with the support of the researchers) for public relations and knowledge management processes;
- Good knowledge of international media relations and journalistic networks;
- Team-oriented, but at the same time independent and solution-oriented way of working;
- Ability and willingness to travel independently to countries with tropical climate (Tropentauglichkeit) (inter alia Benin, Togo, Ghana);
- Very good organizational and communication skills, very good time management.
- Flexible working hours with a weekly working time of 19,5 hours (50%)
- Possibility of mobile working (“Homeoffice”)
- Possibility to use a subsidized job ticket and a good connection to public transport;
- Trainings for further professional development;
- Company pension scheme with the VBLU;
- Many more social and monetary benefits
The IDOS offers an inspiring, family-friendly working environment at the interface of research and policy advice, with ample opportunities to engage in international discussions, political processes and scientific debates.
In the case of equal qualification, physically challenged persons will be given preference. We want to promote the diversity of our employees and would like applications from women, men and diverse people.
Further information on the project is available by or Dr. Michael Brüntrup (Michael.Bruentrup@idos-research.de) or Tanja Vogel (Tanja.Vogel@idos-research.de).
Applications with the position number 2022-B-07 with complete, informative and detailed documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, relevant certificates, recommendation letters, informative application documents like project documentations, thesis or scientific articles) must be submitted exclusively via application portal by 31 December 2022. Interviews will be held early January 2023.
German Institute of Development and Sustainability (IDOS)
Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN Germany)
Tulpenfeld 6, 53113 Bonn
Telefon +49 (0)228 94927-0, Telefax +49 (0)228 94927-130
firstname.lastname@example.org www.idos-research.de www.facebook.com/IDOSResearch