The Research Programme “Transformation of political (dis-)order: Institutions, values & peace” at the German Institute of Development and Sustainability (IDOS) offers a possibility for two (2) short-term visiting scholar positions of 4-6 weeks from April to December 2023. The positions offers the opportunity to work on applicants own original research that aligns with the main areas of research of the programme.
Interested persons from all levels of seniority and all countries can apply, including PhD students who are in the writing phase of their doctoral work. IDOS is particularly interested in cooperation with researchers based at institutions located in the Global South. Visiting researchers will be hosted at IDOS in Bonn, Germany.
Visiting Researchers will be expected to give a talk for the IDOS scientific staff on their research during their stay, and could have the opportunity to co-author work in one of IDOS publication formats (https://www.idos-research.de/en/publications/). Applicants should highlight in their application which research cluster or cross-cutting issue their work fits into, programme staff they would want to collaborate with, and what this collaboration could consist of. Links to the programme’s research clusters are below; the programme’s cross-cutting issues are social cohesion and digitalization:
1) Applicants should be at least at the writing stage of their PhD dissertation
2) Relevance of proposed research activities to the Programme’s thematic foci
3) Applications from researchers based at institutions in Africa, Latin America, and Asia are strongly encouraged
1) Letter of motivation explaining why IDOS and the Programme on Transformation of political (dis)-order would be a good fit for their work, and a brief description of expected outputs (2-3 pages)
2) Curriculum vitae
3) A proposed schedule of what they will do while in Bonn, and options for two 4-6 week time periods for the research stay (1 page)
5) A letter from their employer or PhD department confirming ongoing affiliation.
Guest researchers will receive a fee for their contributions to the agreed research activities. The amount will be calculated based on the number of days of their contribution and a daily rate based on the individual professional experience. The daily rate is aligned with the IDOS fee scale. Travel and accommodation costs will be covered by IDOS. Guest researchers who require a visa to enter Germany will be provided with a letter of support if invited.
Please submit required materials electronically to Mr. Raja Mohsin Khalid (Raja-Mohsin.Khalid@idos-research.de). All materials should be emailed as a single PDF with the subject line “Short-term guest researcher, FULL NAME”. The application deadline is December 23, 2022 at 23:59CET (Berlin time). Review of applications will be completed and invitations sent by January 27, 2023 at the latest.
For further information, please contact Dr. Charles Martin-Shields by email at Charles.Martin-Shields@idos-research.de .
German Institute of Development and Sustainability (IDOS)
Tulpenfeld 6, 53113 Bonn
Telefon +49 (0)228 94927-0, Telefax +49 (0)228 94927-130
email@example.com www.idos-research.de www.facebook.com/IDOSResearch