The German Institute of Development and Sustainability (IDOS) is one of the world’s leading research institutions and think tanks for global sustainable development. It contributes, through research, policy advice and training, to finding answers to global questions affecting our future.
IDOS Project “Science Futures” of the Research Programme “Transformation of Economic and Social Systems” is looking for a
Research Assistant (f/m/diverse)
The assistant will work around 11 hours per week, spread over an estimated 2 working days. Working at IDOS premises is required. Remuneration is based on the usual rates for student and academic assistants.
- Support the project "Science Futures" through administrative tasks and project-related work
- Assist the scientific research processes, focusing on scientific and non-scientific modes of knowledge creation, transfer and use, and their role in the design and decision-making processes on of the futures of rural Africa
- Likely activities would be literature research, data retrieve and processing, scientometric analysis, logistical support for establishing a research group in East Africa.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Be enrolled in a Master’s degree course at a German University
- Be enrolled at least one more year at your current university
- Interest in development issues relating to regions of the Global South
- Familiarity with Science and Technology Studies (STS), Sociology of Knowledge, Political Ecology and/or Political Economy approaches
- Experience using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Very good knowledge of English
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Careful, structured and conscientious work, commitment and ability to work in a team
- Enjoy interdisciplinary and intercultural work
- Insight into various research projects in the Global South
- A varied and challenging job in a collegial, dynamic team
- Depending on the progress of your studies and your professional interest, participation in research topics is possible
- Further education and training opportunities
- Very good transport connections
People with disabilities will be preferred if equally qualified.
In your application email, please confirm how long have been enrolled at a German University and that you are based in Bonn or the vicinity and able to commute to the office.
Please send your written application (cover letter and curriculum vitae) by e-mail in the form of a PDF file to George Mudimu at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 16 February 2024.
For further information, please contact George Mudimu at email@example.com or Saymore Ngoni Kativu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
German Institute of Development and Sustainability (IDOS)
Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN Germany)
Tulpenfeld 6, 53113 Bonn
Telefon +49 (0)228 94927-0, Telefax +49 (0)228 94927-130
email@example.com www.idos-research.de www.x.com/IDOS_research Linkedin